Technical Director Club Boston SC and Greater Boston Region
Head Coach Boys BU-10, BU-11, BU-12, BU-13
Head Coach U-6 to U-9 Jr. Academy Academy
American David Naylor, holds an “A” License from the United States Soccer Federation and an Advanced National Diploma for the NSCAA. He coached at 2 different Division I schools prior to moving onto Professional Soccer. He coached the USL Team Bay Area Seals as an Assistant Coach in 2011 and then moved onto become Coaching Director of the Seals. From 2014-2016 David coached Professional Soccer in the 2nd League of Latvia. David played Professional Soccer in the USL and MISL He will be part of the staff running the training sessions while Boston SC Coaches observe and evaluate players attending our tryouts.
Robert Whelan – Boys Coaching Director
American Robert Whelan holds a UEFA (European ) “A” License. Robert has been on the coaching staffs of multiple Professional Teams in America and Europe. Including teams in the USL, “A” League and Major Indoor Soccer League. Robert has coached Professional Soccer in Europe in the 2nd Division and 1st Division. Coach Whelan more than 10 years experience coaching youth soccer teams. has coached Youth Soccer Team.
Boston SC Head Coach U-10/U-11 Boys Coaching Director – Sudbury + South
– Four year high school varsity soccer player in California being named league MVP during his Junior and Senior seasons, leading my high school team to a 31-3-8 record and leading his team with 48 goals in 4 years.
– Helped his team win back to back Sonoma County league titles.
– Selected to represent the states ODP (Olympic Development Program) team and tried out for the 92′ regional team.
– Santa Rosa United Club team was US club champion in 2006-2008 and National finalist in 2007.
– Recruited by multiple Division I and II schools
– At Dominican Coach Mendez started all games as a freshman and scored 5 goals during that year. David was second on the team in goals scored and was awarded ‘Newcomer of the year’ award. As a sophomore, He led the team in goals scored with 5, named team co-captain and earned Second Team All-PacWest and named teams ‘Most Outstanding Player’.
– After college, he competed with an NPSL (4th tier professional) team named the Sonoma County Sol, loosing in the regional final game
David’s coaching resume includes being head coach for U12 and U14 girls soccer team for Tiburon Soccer Club in Marin County California. In addition, Coach Mendez was Director of Soccer for Dominican University’s summer soccer camps. As Director of Soccer he was responsible for creating sessions plans for campers and providing leadership training to aspiring collegiate soccer players. Coach David often provided private 1 on 1 sessions with players in the Marin County area with aspirations to play in college. Upon moving to the east coast, Mr. Mendez become head coach for a freshman high school team in Passaic, New Jersey. During my two seasons as head coach, I led our team to a 24-2-2 record and prepared our freshman to compete for a spot on Varsity.